Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki

I hate being hot. Like absolutely despise it. It makes me want to lay on the couch and do nothing when the temperature gets above 75 outside. It usually gives me a migraine as well, and it's just miserable. In Washington, most of us do not have air conditioning because we really only need it for a few weeks out of the year so we just deal with those few weeks the best way we can. My way? Lots of Diet Coke and visits to the mall (who does have air conditioning). And lots of slow cooker meals.

I found this gem and had to make it. I had all the ingredients on hand and was able to throw it in the slow cooker in the morning and have a nice meal in the evening. I only had to turn my stove on briefly to thicken the sauce, but it is sooo worth it! I'm always looking for easy meals that I can make on a moment's notice and this one is a keeper. It was easy and delicious!


Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki

Ingredients:
3 to 4 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used chicken breasts)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
Cooked rice

Directions:
Place chicken in the slow cooker.

In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. 

Pour over chicken. 

Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender. 

Remove chicken from the slow cooker.

Skim fat from cooking liquid.
Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.

Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, then gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened. 

To serve, add top rice with chicken and cover with Teriyaki Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment