Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sweet BBQ Sticky Fingers- A Quick Meal!

I was super impressed with the Winger's Sticky Fingers Celeste put up a couple weeks ago. They were so easy to throw together and super yummy. Even my picky eaters ate it and it wasn't too spicy for them. They loved eating with their hands too and getting all messy :)

I decided one day to take the idea and use a sweet homemade BBQ sauce instead. I use this sauce for baked chicken all the time and my husband loves the sauce. It's so easy to put together too. I love having easy dinners in my rotation, especially for nights that I have Tball practice or meetings for church. And sometimes I just don't really feel like cooking a huge meal. I know there are nights like that for you too! These are definitely a crowd pleaser and would be great for a sports night (something about sticky fingers screams boys' night to me!) but your gal pals will love these too!

Sweet BBQ Sticky Fingers
by Girls in Aprons

3/4 cup barbeque sauce (recommended: Sweet Baby Ray's original)
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1 bag (25 oz) frozen breaded chicken strips (we like Tyson's)

Bake chicken strips according to package directions. While they are cooking, combine barbecue sauce, honey, ketchup and brown sugar into a small sauce pan and warm though (do not boil). Reserve some sauce for dipping at the table.

When chicken is done, dip the chicken strips into the sauce, letting the extra sauce drip off. Set on a pan lined with foil until all the strips are coated with sauce. Dip into extra sauce or ranch and enjoy!

**NOTE: This BBQ sauce can also be used on regular chicken breasts. Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (if they are frozen, thaw completely or your sauce will be watery). Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 50-60 minutes or until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment