Saturday, January 26, 2013

Veggie Pizza

With the Superbowl coming up, I thought I'd share one of my all time favorite appetizer recipes. There are lots of "veggie pizza" recipes out there, but this one hands down is the best I've ever had. It's super easy, you make it ahead of time, and you can customize it to your liking.

I know, vegetables are not on most guys' Superbowl menus, but the guys in our life devour this (maybe because it has the word "pizza" in the title?) and the gals at these parties might want something other than hot wings to munch on. Not that I'm downplaying the importance of hot wings at a football party. Please get hot wings too. Your Superbowl party will thank you later.
Yum... carrots, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, onion, cheese, ranch..... It's so colorful!

Cut into squares and you are ready to go!

Veggie Pizza
by Girls in Aprons

2 pkgs refrigerator crescent rolls
**Unroll and spread on lightly greased jelly roll pan. Press edges together to form a rectangular crust and pat down evenly (you may have to cut some of the rolls up to cover the entire jelly roll pan, just be creative!). Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.

2- 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package ranch dressing mix
**Mix together and spread on cooled crust.

Pizza toppings (customize to your liking):

2 stalks broccoli
3 green onions
1 green pepper
2-3 roma tomatoes
1 small bag shredded carrots

1 cup shredded cheese
Seasoning Salt
(Optional: 1 small head cauliflower, 10 fresh mushrooms, 1 can olives)

Chop vegetables fairly fine (I used my food processor to cut the broccoli and carrots smaller). Layer in any order (I mixed my veggies together in a bowl and added it on top of the ranch mixture, except the tomatoes which I added last). Sprinkle the cheese on top and then top lightly with seasoning salt. Wrap with plastic wrap and press down firmly so the veggies stay on the pizza. Refrigerate at least 8 hours to let flavors blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment