Monday, May 28, 2012

How To: Grilled Corn on the Cob


With summer just around the corner (for some of you summer is already there!) I know your backyard grill is going to get a serious workout! I know I plan our weekly menu around meals that can be grilled. Because, let's face it, I love the way grilled food tastes and I want to use it as much as I can before the rain comes back!

In the past my grill has basically cooked meat. Meat, meat, meat. But I always saw commercials with people grilling meat and peppers and corn, and I wanted to try it out! I had a few ears of corn just lying around (who doesn't?) and thought I'd add it to our barbeque last night.

Let me tell you - it's easy, smells wonderful, and the taste and texture are so different and amazing! For some reason the husks smell like roasted marshmallow and the corn was a little firmer, almost crispy. I definitely ate my fair share last night! Grilling vegetables brings out a different flavor than just sauteing them or frying them or however you usually cook your veggies. Give it a try!
Carefully peel back the husk of your corn
Taking the silks out is easy if you pull them all from the top. They only go about half way down the corn. You can pull any stragglers.
Soak them all in water about 20 minutes before grilling them. This keeps the husks from just burning like crazy. Which would be bad. You don't want that. Trust me.
Place the corn on a gril over medium heat. Turn every ten minutes or so. When the husks are black all the way around you know your corn is ready! Mine took about three turns or so.
Done!
Carefully peel the husks back, butter and salt (and I love parmesan cheese on mine too) and enjoy hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment