Thursday, April 19, 2012

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup (Lion House Recipe)

I am all about comfort food. It's pretty much the only reason that I like the fall and winter months. Hate the snow, love the soup. Hate the bitter cold, love the hot chocolate. My Cocomotion gets me through those months like you wouldn't believe. It has a permanent place on my countertop from October to April. Yeah, I said April. It's freezing here. And rainy. Bring on the comfort food.

Like this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. I found the recipe on Pinterest (let's just put this out there- most of the recipes I post will probably come from Pinterest. No judging. I'm addicted and I know it) and thought it looked so good. Something about chicken soup and rainy days. And today it's pouring down rain. This recipe is supposed to be the Lion House recipe, but I've never had it or been there (well, I've seen the outside of it when I was in Salt Lake City) so I can't say that it tastes just like it, but it is pretty darn good soup! My kids exclaimed that they love  this dinner and I love how easy it was to throw together. Plus it has lots of veggies in it that my kids eat without complaining.

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup- The Lion House Recipe
submitted by Girls in Aprons- found on whowantsdinner.blogspot.com

2 chicken breasts (I used one excessively large one)
5 cups chicken broth
1 C chopped carrots (about 2)
1 C chopped celery (I substitute with frozen peas)
1 C potatoes, diced (1 medium sized)
½ C chopped onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 C evaporated milk or ½ C whole milk
8-12 oz uncooked egg noodles (I would recommend about 8 oz)
Salt and pepper to taste

Boil then shred chicken.
 
Heat broth, then add carrots, celery (if you are using peas, add them at the end to warm through), potatoes, onions, and noodles. Simmer until veggies and noodles are tender. Add cream of chicken soup, milk, salt, pepper and shredded chicken. Simmer until heated through and ready to serve.
 
**I used a whole bag (14 oz or so) of egg noodles and it wasn't really soupy, more of a noodle casserole but my family still loved it. If you really want it to be soupy, stick with the measurements and don't add more veggies (like I did) or have more chicken broth on hand (you can use more water too) to thin it out a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment