Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Easy Bean Dip

I don't really watch NCAA basketball (or any sport on TV to be honest). Sure I like to catch a baseball game now and then and college football can have a decent game or two that I'll watch, but for the most part I'd rather be doing something else with my precious time.

But each year my husband's family does a bracket tournament for March Madness. Almost everyone participates and gets in on the fun. I always fill out a bracket (and shockingly have never won the tournament) but I always have fun seeing who won a game and then checking my bracket standings. My husband and I will sit down for the championship game together, and of course I need some food to eat to keep me company while we watch the game!

This bean dip is super easy to put together, and can easily be changed up to your liking. Add different cheese to the top, chop up some jarred jalapenos and add them to the beans, substitute one of the cans of refried beans for drained black beans (or pinto beans), or dash some hot sauce into the mix. I like the recipe the way it is, but change is always good! I made this dip for a game night with my sister and her husband, but it would be great to munch on during a movie or to bring for a potluck.


Easy Bean Dip

by Girls in Aprons, adapted from www.allrecipes.com

1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 cans (16 oz. each) refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
4 cups cheese, Mexican blend

Preheat oven to 350. Mix cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl. Mix in refried beans until combined. Stir in taco seasoning.

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Spread bean mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with green onions and then the cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment