Sunday, March 4, 2012

Boston Cream Cake

My latest obsession is Pinterest. And I know I'm not alone in this addiction seeing that I mostly just repin things others have already pinned. I think of those people as my enablers :) Seriously, though, my family is eating way more exciting food recently thanks to my newfound obsession. I just scroll through my recipes board and find something that looks yummy. It's completely broadened my search spectrum of things I want to make for dinner. You'll be seeing lots of the yummy recipes I've found on here soon!

One of those recipes was for Boston Cream Cake. The pinner touted this as tasting like a Boston Cream Donut (aka heaven on earth). I am a sucker for cream filled donuts so I had to try this out. Plus, it was super easy. I mean suuuuuuper easy. Make a cake. Stick holes in it. Top with pudding. Done. Like magic. Easy peasy dessert that your family will definitely love!

Boston Cream Cake
by Girls in Aprons (from lilluna.com)

Yellow cake mix (and cake ingredients- I also added about 2/3 cup sour cream to mine)
French Vanilla instant pudding mix (5.9 oz box)
Chocoalte instant pudding mix (5.9 oz box)
Milk

Bake cake as directed in a 9x13 pan. While cake is still semi-warm, poke holes in it with the end of a wooden spoon (note: next time I make this I will definitely add more holes. Don't be afraid to add lots. The more you add, the more pudding will incorporate into the cake). Make the vanilla and chocolate puddings with the amount of milk directed on the boxes. After they have thickened, spread the French vanilla pudding over the cake, making sure it gets cozy in the holes you just made. Carefully spread the chocolate pudding over the vanilla. Chill at least 30 minutes and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment