Friday, January 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Crescent Rolls

I was going to name this post: "According to my kids the best snack ever" but I felt it just didn't fully describe the recipe. And they are a little biased - like their dad, they think anything with peanut butter is manna from heaven.

So anyway, as a mom, I always have this ideas in my head of the "perfect mom". You know what I mean, right (right? or am I the only one?). The mom who gets up early enough to do her hair and makeup, whose children never have messy faces or stains on their clothes, whose car is never a pile of toys, hamburger wrappers, and Diet Coke bottles rolling around the floor. I am not one of those moms, but in my weird little head, I also have this idea that "perfect moms" always have a homemade afterschool snack for their kids.

Well by golly - call me perfect. Well, at least for today.

My kids came home today, hyper because it's the weekend and excited for the movie night planned with their cousins. I happened to have a free moment to think about a snack instead of shoving a handful of Nilla Wafers at them - and created "the best snack ever". You be the judge! But really these are easy to whip up (if I can do it with four crazy boys underfoot you can too!). And they are so verstatile - I used peanut butter with chocolate chips and peanut butter with raspberry jam. Add Nutella (which sadly we are out of), raisins, thinly sliced apples, honey, or any other combo that works for you and your family.
All you need to get started!
Place about a teaspoon or so of peanut butter (more or less depending on your preference) along the bigger end of the crescent roll. Place chocolate chips or about a teaspoon or so of jam. Roll up like normal and shape into a crescent shape.
Bake at 375 for about 10 to 12 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and inhale. Or chew and swallow.

Submitted by Celeste - Girls in Aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment